Avoid Hassles & Save Money
Only $350 ($315 for CHECKBOOK Subscribers)
Avoiding the Potholes of Leasing
- Pothole #1
- Most lease advertisements are based on the full sticker price of the car. You wouldnt pay sticker price if you were buying a new car and you shouldnt if youre leasing.
Avoidance Maneuver - The LeaseWise service makes dealers in your area bid for your business. Each dealer gets one opportunity to put its best price forward or it knows it will lose you to a competitor. All bids are confirmed in writing by dealership management.
- Pothole #2
- Lease advertisements and car dealers are usually promoting the car manufacturers lease plans. These are frequently not the lowest cost lease plans that are available to you.
Avoidance Maneuver - The LeaseWise service maintains a database of lease plans from over 50 different leasing companies. If Chase Manhattan Bank, Bank of America, or Wells Fargo offer lower cost plans than the manufacturers plan, LeaseWise will know and check to see if they are available to you.
- Pothole #3
- Most lease customers dont know that the dealership can raise the interest rate, assignment fee, gap coverage charge, and other key terms of many lease plans above those specified by the lender. You could pay more at one dealer than another, even if the price of the car and the lease plan chosen were the same.
Avoidance Maneuver - LeaseWise details the key financial terms of each dealerships bid. You can see what each dealer will charge for such important elements as money factor, assignment fee, disposition fee, gap coverage, and more.
- Pothole #4
- Many lease plans are highly discounted at a certain lease term, e.g. 24 months, 30 months, 36 months. If you choose the wrong term, you could pay too much.
Avoidance Maneuver - LeaseWise looks for discounted terms and will let you know if there is a lower cost option available to you.
- Pothole #5
- Leasing involves a lot of numbers, and each number affects the other. There is no simple calculation that shows the best deal. Its just too complicated.
Avoidance Maneuver - LeaseWise has developed a cost comparison index that will show you how each bidding dealership ranks. The LeaseWise calculator analyzes all the key numbers for you. You can tell at a glance which dealers bid provides the lowest cost to you.
- Pothole #6
- Car Buying and Leasing services are everywhere. Why should you trust them and what makes LeaseWise special?
Avoidance Maneuver - Most car buying and leasing services are paid by the dealer, marketing vehicles for dealers, or have some other type of financial relationship with one or more dealerships. Some may get you a great deal, most wont, and in any event, how can you know? LeaseWise is a service of the nonprofit Center for the Study of Services, a consumer information publisher with over 30 years of service. The customer, and only the customer, pays LeaseWise for their work. LeaseWise will solicit a bid from any dealer you specify, or exclude a dealer you choose to avoid, but will always guarantee a bidding pool of at least five dealerships. There are no exclusive dealer arrangements. Plus, LeaseWise provides you with a report that shows all the work that was done on your behalf. Every bidding dealers quote is detailed for you to see. Youll know what the numbers really mean and be confident that you got a great, honest, deal.
- Pothole #7
- You paid too much.
Avoidance Maneuver - The LeaseWise service has produced savings of thousands of dollars for the typical customer. In one case involving a very high-end luxury car, the customer reported that LeaseWises lowest quote was nearly $10,000 less than the deal offered to him when he visited the dealership on his own. The competitive bidding techniques of LeaseWise truly make dealers fight for your business.