Washington, DC 20037202-296-5772
You won't find anything else like Checkbook
- Nonprofit and independent
- Takes no advertising or referral fees
- Ratings & Reviews by surveyed Consumers' Checkbook and Consumer Reports local subscribers
- Thousands of undercover price comparisons
- Complaint counts from local consumer agencies and attorney general offices
DIY stain removal comes with many risks—setting that red-wine blotch forever, rubbing a hole in your favorite dress, making the dye bleed. It’s probably safer to trust most stains with a great drycleaner, but, if you’re in a bind, here are some ways to attempt getting out those spots on your own.