Ratings & Advice
The latest ratings and advice for National stores.
- 30 Tricks Sellers Use to Make You Pay Up
- 65 Things You (Probably) Shouldn't Pay For
- About Checkbook: Why We're Unique
- Buy Now, Pay Later Spending Traps
- Buying Used Stuff
- Car Buying Strategies
- CarBargains - Checkbook's Shopping Service for New Cars
- Cashback Shopping Portals
- Cell Phone Services
- Closet Organizers
- Clothing Rental
- Clothing Resale Options
- Complaining: How to Get Results
- Consumers' Notebook
- Credit Cards Provide Strong Protections for Consumers
- Defective Products: Strategies to Get a Refund or Replacement
- Diamonds Shopping Guide
- Diaper Prices
- eRead for Free
- Extended Product Warranties: Should You Buy Them?
- Free Perks You Didn't Know You Have
- Happy Returns and Gift Card Tips
- Identity and Cyber Theft: How to Protect Yourself
- Locally Grown Food Sources
- Over-the-Counter Drug Prices
- Pet Food Prices
- Price Matching: What's the Deal?
- Prices: Where Have All the Bargains Gone?
- Product Recall Information
- Recycling Electronics
- Right-to-Repair Fight
- Sale Prices: At Many Stores, the Sale Price Isn't Special
- Shopping Online: Our Top Tips for Saving Money
- Wallpaper Help
- Wine Prices
A Message from Our Founding President
After more than 45 wonderful years, I am retiring as president of Consumers’ Checkbook. I want to thank you for your support and for helping to create a marketplace that works for all.
Dentists to Smile About
If you’re in the market for a new dentist, we can help you find a top tooth doc.
Best Vet Bets
Advice that will help keep your furry friends’ tails wagging—and your finances from sagging.
Read Before Remodeling
How to hire and work with a contractor to score a hit home makeover.
Solar Energy Systems
Here’s a rundown of options, how to pay for your project, how to find an installer, and energy savings you can expect.
These ratings may shock you!
Made in the Shade
Need a tree care service? Here’s how to find a great branch manager.
The Fight for Your Right to Repair
Manufacturers of vehicles, electronics, appliances, and more are making it tough for independent shops and DIYers to make repairs.
Help with Planning a Funeral
This article reviews the many choices you have when a loved one dies, plus advice on how to deal with a funeral home.
A Smart Guide to Estate Planning
Here are some basic dos and definite don’ts that will save you hassles and money—and avoid common mistakes.
Ready to rock? Here’s how to get a sparkling deal.
Driving the Best Tire Bargain
If it’s time to replace your treads, we’ve got the score on how to buy the best replacements at the lowest cost.