You Won't Find Anything Else Like Checkbook
- Nonprofit and independent
- Takes no advertising or referral fees
- Ratings and reviews by surveyed Consumers' Checkbook and Consumer Reports local subscribers
- Undercover price comparisons
- Complaint counts from local consumer agencies and attorney general offices
- Advice to help you get the best service and value
Subscribe and see 36 Delaware Valley area computer repair shopsSubscribe »
or Sign In
Don’t pay a repair shop’s minimum charge, possibly $75 or more, only to find out you could have easily solved a problem with a quick fix.
Even in our newer-is-better tech world, it often still makes sense to try to get your computer repaired before buying a new one.
Even when working with a highly rated computer repair shop, it’s important to deal with it carefully. If possible, try to speak directly with the person who does the repair work. And insist on a written, detailed estimate.
In order to have something to sell to a wide range of buyers, most device manufacturers offer a dizzying array of options. Here are tips on how to wade through all the choices to find the right gadget for you.
Buy from a store that can advise you on what products will serve you best, how to get started using products, and how to solve problems.
Our undercover shoppers compared prices for 36 carefully specified and configured devices and found that some retailers charge as much as 20 percent more than others for the same products.