Ratings & Advice
The latest ratings and advice for Delaware Valley area home services.
- 30 Tricks Sellers Use to Make You Pay Up
- 65 Things You (Probably) Shouldn't Pay For
- About Checkbook: Why We're Unique
- Aging In Place
- Closet Organizers
- Complaining: How to Get Results
- Consumers' Notebook
- Credit Cards Provide Strong Protections for Consumers
- Decluttering Strategies
- Defective Products: Strategies to Get a Refund or Replacement
- Elder Villages
- Extended Product Warranties: Should You Buy Them?
- Getting Home Repairs During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Getting Rid of Your Unwanted Stuff
- Hazardous Household Waste Disposal
- Home Maintenance Plan
- Home Warranties
- Homeowners Insurance
- Lead Exposure: Make Sure Your Contractor Follows the Law
- Light Remodeling: Redo Your Kitchen or Bath for Less
- Lightbulb Buying Guide
- Nannies: Hiring Tips
- Product Recall Information
- Saving Energy at Home
- Self Storage Facilities
- Soundproofing Tips
- Wallpaper Help
- Water & Sewer Line Warranties
- Water-Saving Tips
Ratings of area plumbers for quality and price.
65 Things You (Probably) Shouldn’t Pay For
Stop wasting money on services and products that might seem useful but are actually bad buys.
Should you try the gift of jab?
How to paint your house or hire someone to do it for you.
On a Roll
Wallpaper is back. Here's what to do if you want it.
How to Get the Best Price on a New Car
Websites like TrueCar promise low, upfront pricing. But these companies don't deliver. Here's how to force dealers to compete for your business.
Vehicle Service Contracts
Don't buy these plans. They are big hassles and bad deals for most drivers.
Managing Your Mess
How to find a great housecleaner.
Lawn & Order
How to hire a service (or hire yourself) to make your grass greener.
Guard Your Online Privacy
These tips from experts are easy and effective.
Life Insurance for Less
Shop around to save thousands of dollars.
How to Get Rid of Your Unwanted Stuff
Decluttering strategies plus ideas for how to jettison extra belongings, from books to electronics to sporting goods to toys.
Clothing Resale Options
Ready to sell your past fashions? Here’s how to get the most for your stuff, your time, and your effort.
This Whole House
Estate sales can help you offload a ton of stuff.
Find clear winners for quality and price.