Ratings & Advice
The latest ratings and advice for Delaware Valley area auto services.
- 30 Tricks Sellers Use to Make You Pay Up
- About Checkbook: Why We're Unique
- Automobile Awards
- Car Buying Strategies
- CarBargains - Checkbook's Shopping Service for New Cars
- Complaining: How to Get Results
- Consumers' Notebook
- Credit Cards Provide Strong Protections for Consumers
- Defective Products: Strategies to Get a Refund or Replacement
- Extended Warranties for New Cars: Get the Best Deal
- Free Perks You Didn't Know You Have
- LeaseWise - Checkbook's Shopping Service for Leasing New Cars
- Rental Car Insurance: Should You Buy It?
- Tire Pressure Advice
- Used Cars Often Sold with Dangerous Defects
How to Save Energy at Home
32 changes that will cut costs and help the planet.
Ratings of local auto repair shops for quality and price.
On the Road Again, Despite Dangerous Defects
Our investigation found used-car dealers often sell vehicles without addressing known life-threatening problems.
Do You Need Coverage for Water and Sewer Line Repairs?
Warranty companies, with help from their public utility partners, pitch nightmare scenarios. But these programs stink.
How to banish household pests.
Surviving the Crash
Ratings of computer repair shops.
How to Protect Your Computers and Devices
15 steps to take to keep your digital devices safe.
Where to Buy Computers and Devices
Top grades for upgrades, plus how major retailers compare on price.
What to Do About Defective Products
Strategies for getting a refund or free replacement if you bought something that broke down too soon.
Why You Should Skip the Extended Warranty
Purchase protection. Service contracts. AppleCare. Whatever retailers call them, these plans are usually bad buys.
Where to shop for the right hearing aid.