Fort Washington Medical Center
Fort Washington, MD 20744301-292-7000
|Checkbook's Top Rating ()|
Fort Washington Medical Center · Emergency Rooms
Summary Ratings for Fort Washington Medical Center
Patient ratings for Fort Washington Medical Center — 28 Ratings
Timely & Effective Care for Fort Washington Medical Center
Front-line capabilities for Fort Washington Medical Center
Ratings for Inpatient Care for Fort Washington Medical Center
You won't find anything else like Checkbook
- Nonprofit and independent
- Takes no advertising or referral fees
- Ratings and reviews by surveyed Consumers' Checkbook and Consumer Reports local subscribers
- Thousands of undercover price comparisons
- Complaint counts from local consumer agencies and attorney general offices
Emergency Rooms Articles
When first confronted with an illness or injury, you must quickly decide whether the case is life threatening—whether there’s a risk of death or permanent disability if the patient does not receive immediate care (within 30 minutes or less).
The most difficult decisions involve cases in which you feel safe waiting 30 minutes or more to receive care, but still require treatment at a hospital, rather than at an urgent care clinic or doctor's office.
Many cases are not even urgent, of course. These cases could await a visit to an urgent care clinic or a family doctor during regular hours.