Ratings & Advice
The latest ratings and advice for San Francisco Bay Area home services.
- 30 Tricks Sellers Use to Make You Pay Up
- 65 Things You (Probably) Shouldn't Pay For
- About Checkbook: Why We're Unique
- Aging In Place
- Closet Organizers
- Complaining: How to Get Results
- Consumers’ Notebook
- Credit Cards Provide Strong Protections for Consumers
- Decluttering Strategies
- Defective Products: Strategies to Get a Refund or Replacement
- Elder Villages
- Extended Product Warranties: Should You Buy Them?
- Getting Home Repairs During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Getting Rid of Your Unwanted Stuff
- Hazardous Household Waste Disposal
- Heat Pumps: The Future of HVAC?
- Home Maintenance Plan
- Home Warranties
- Homeowners Insurance
- Lead Exposure: Make Sure Your Contractor Follows the Law
- Light Remodeling: Redo Your Kitchen or Bath for Less
- Nannies: Hiring Tips
- Product Recall Information
- Saving Energy at Home
- Self Storage Facilities
- Soundproofing Tips
- Wallpaper Help
- Water & Sewer Line Warranties
- Water-Saving Tips
Insuring Your Home
Are you covered? Are you paying too much? Many homeowners will save $1,000 or more each year by switching companies.
Primary Care Physicians
Ratings to help you find essential help for your health.
We searched 25 travel sites looking for the lowest rates for 75 stays.
- Hotels Continue to Gouge Guests with Absurd Resort Fees
- Hotels’ ‘Refundable’ and ‘Flexible’ Rates Often Aren’t What They Seem
Want to improve your outlook? We have ratings of local installers for quality and price.
Appliance Repair Guide
Fridge on the fritz? Oven burnt out? Our ratings will help you find a repair rescue.
Getting what you want for the lowest price.
Work Out Without Getting Worked Over
How to find the right fitness center.
How to Make a New Fitness Plan
Strategies to help you make a commitment and stick with it.
How to Get Better Sleep
40 tips for 40 winks.
How to choose the right bike and shop to get you rolling.
Buying secondhand stuff saves money and helps the environment. Here’s how to do it.
Buy Nothing, Get What You Need Anyway
The good, the bad, and the weird of the gift economy.
- Dealing with Unexpected Medical Bills