Ratings & Advice
The latest ratings and advice for San Francisco Bay Area stores.
- 30 Tricks Sellers Use to Make You Pay Up
- About Checkbook: Why We're Unique
- Buying Used Stuff
- Car Buying Strategies
- CarBargains - Checkbook's Shopping Service for New Cars
- Cashback Shopping Portals
- Closet Organizers
- Clothing Rental
- Clothing Resale Options
- Complaining: How to Get Results
- Consumers' Notebook
- Credit Cards Provide Strong Protections for Consumers
- Diamonds Shopping Guide
- Diaper Prices
- eRead for Free
- Extended Product Warranties: Should You Buy Them?
- Extended Warranties for New Cars: Get the Best Deal
- Free Perks You Didn't Know You Have
- Happy Returns and Gift Card Tips
- Locally Grown Food Sources
- Over-the-Counter Drug Prices
- Pet Food Prices
- Price Matching: What's the Deal?
- Prices: Where Have All the Bargains Gone?
- Product Recall Information
- Sale Prices: At Many Stores, the Sale Price Isn't Special
- Shopping Online: Our Top Tips for Saving Money
- Wine Prices
You're Probably Paying Too Much for Auto Insurance
How to cover your ride for a lot less.
Keeping a Roof Overhead
Who's tops on top?
Think you’re getting a deal? 30 tricks sellers use to make you pay up and pay too much
Home Maintenance School
Here's a yearlong plan on how to keep your home from falling apart.
Where to buy eyeglasses and contact lenses.
Drycleaners who can help.
Top shops for furniture facelifts.
Trouble with Timeshare Exit Companies
Timeshare owners are often bombarded with offers to help them get out of unwanted contracts. But we found timeshare exit operations provide little, if any, service for their high fees.
- Should You Hire a Patient Advocate?