Walmart · Supermarkets
Prices for Walmart
Consumer Ratings for Walmart — 196 Ratings
Areas Served by Walmart:
- Anne Arundel Co.
- Fairfax Co.
- Howard Co.
- Loudoun Co.
- Montgomery Co.
- Prince George's Co.
- Prince William Co.
You won't find anything else like Checkbook
- Nonprofit and independent
- Takes no advertising or referral fees
- Ratings & Reviews by surveyed Consumers' Checkbook and Consumer Reports local subscribers
- Thousands of undercover price comparisons
- Complaint counts from local consumer agencies and attorney general offices
Here are key findings from our surveys that rate area supermarkets for quality and price. Many families will find they can save more than $1,000 by switching to a lower cost option.
Trader Joe’s prices were about the same as Safeway's and about seven percent lower than the average prices we found at surveyed Giant stores. Aldi’s prices were an astounding 45 percent lower than the Giant/Safeway average.
Whichever supermarkets you choose, how you shop will substantially impact your annual grocery costs. Here are some tactics for cutting grocery costs.