Ratings & Advice
The latest ratings and advice for Washington, DC area financial services.
- 50 Things You (Probably) Shouldn’t Pay For
- About Checkbook: Why We're Unique
- Budgeting Websites
- Buying Used Stuff
- Car Buying Strategies
- CarBargains - Checkbook's Shopping Service for New Cars
- Complaining: How to Get Results
- Credit Card Chargebacks: A Consumer Superweapon
- Credit Cards: Selecting the Best
- Dealing with Your Digital Clutter
- Estate Planning Tasks & Tips
- Extended Product Warranties: Should You Buy Them?
- Extended Warranties for New Cars: Get the Best Deal
- Financial Documents: Why to Keep a Paper Trail
- Free Perks You Didn't Know You Have
- Happy Returns and Gift Card Tips
- Home Warranties
- Identity Theft: Are Your Investment and Retirement Accounts Protected?
- Identity Theft: How to Monitor and Protect Your Credit
- Junk Mail & Unwanted Phone Calls
- LeaseWise - Checkbook's Shopping Service for Leasing New Cars
- Parking: Finding the Best Rates
- Passwords: How to Choose Safe Ones
- Pet Insurance
- Phishing Scams: Is Your Financial Institution Helping Cyberthieves?
- Price Matching: What's the Deal?
- Sale Prices: At Many Stores, the Sale Price Isn't Special
- Shopping Online: Our Top Tips for Saving Money
- Travel Insurance
Power to the Patients!
Take charge by selecting the best doctors and other providers and making decisions about your care.
DNA Ancestry Services
Are their reports rooted in reality?
Get your fix.
Use our ratings to get what you want for the best price, without headaches.
Ratings of local garden centers for quality and price for backyard warriors.
Buying used stuff saves money and helps the environment.
Movin' on Up
How to relocate without losing your mind.
Get by with a little help from your (paid) friends.
Should you get it?
LASIK Eye Surgery
On a Roll
Ratings of carpet stores and installers.
Ratings of Fence Builders
When you need proper boundaries.
Guide to buying and repairing bikes.