Travel & Leisure
Ratings & Advice
The latest ratings and advice for Washington, DC area travel & leisure.
- 50 Things You (Probably) Shouldn’t Pay For
- Airlines that Allow Free Stopovers Let You Design a Vacation with Variety
- Complaining: How to Get Results
- Credit Cards Provide Strong Protections for Consumers
- Cruises: How to Get the Best Deal
- DNA Ancestry Services
- eRead for Free
- Facebook Privacy Settings Checkup
- Hotel Deals
- Hotels Gouge Guests With Absurd Resort Fees
- Kids' Activity-Kit Services
- Parking: Finding the Best Rates
- Rental Car Insurance: Should You Buy It?
- Restaurants Pay Steep Commissions and Fees to Order-and-Delivery Services
- Smartphone Photos Apps and Tools
- Social Media Headshots: Do's and Don'ts
- Tickets: Saving on Seats for Shows and Sports
- Timeshare Exit Companies Deserve a Time Out
- Travel Insurance
- Travel Websites Mislead by Falsely Declaring Few Rooms Remain
- Travel: Health and Safety Info for International Trips
- Travel: Help Finding Cheap Flights
- Travel: Hidden Fees Can Make Vacation Rentals a Rip Off
You're Probably Paying Too Much for Auto Insurance
How to cover your ride for a lot less.
Keeping a Roof Overhead
Who's tops on top?
Think you’re getting a deal? 30 tricks sellers use to make you pay up and pay too much
Home Maintenance School
Here's a yearlong plan on how to keep your home from falling apart.
Where to buy eyeglasses and contact lenses.
Drycleaners who can help.
Top shops for furniture facelifts.
Trouble with Timeshare Exit Companies
Timeshare owners are often bombarded with offers to help them get out of unwanted contracts. But we found timeshare exit operations provide little, if any, service for their high fees.
- Should You Hire a Patient Advocate?