Travel & Leisure
Ratings & Advice
The latest ratings and advice for Washington, DC area travel & leisure.
- 50 Things You (Probably) Shouldn’t Pay For
- Airlines that Allow Free Stopovers Let You Design a Vacation with Variety
- Complaining: How to Get Results
- Credit Cards Provide Strong Protections for Consumers
- Cruises: How to Get the Best Deal
- DNA Ancestry Services
- eRead for Free
- Facebook Privacy Settings Checkup
- Free Perks You Didn't Know You Have
- Hotel Deals
- Hotels Gouge Guests With Absurd Resort Fees
- Kids' Activity-Kit Services
- Parking: Finding the Best Rates
- Rental Car Insurance: Should You Buy It?
- Restaurants Pay Steep Commissions and Fees to Order-and-Delivery Services
- Smartphone Photos Apps and Tools
- Social Media Headshots: Do's and Don'ts
- Tickets: Saving on Seats for Shows and Sports
- Timeshare Exit Companies Deserve a Time Out
- Travel Insurance
- Travel Websites Mislead by Falsely Declaring Few Rooms Remain
- Travel: Health and Safety Info for International Trips
- Travel: Help Finding Cheap Flights
- Travel: Hidden Fees Can Make Vacation Rentals a Rip Off
How to Save Energy at Home
32 changes that will cut costs and help the planet.
Ratings of local auto repair shops for quality and price.
On the Road Again, Despite Dangerous Defects
Our investigation found used-car dealers often sell vehicles without addressing known life-threatening problems.
Do You Need Coverage for Water and Sewer Line Repairs?
Warranty companies, with help from their public utility partners, pitch nightmare scenarios. But these programs stink.
How to banish household pests.
Surviving the Crash
Ratings of computer repair shops.
How to Protect Your Computers and Devices
15 steps to take to keep your digital devices safe.
Where to Buy Computers and Devices
Top grades for upgrades, plus how major retailers compare on price.
What to Do About Defective Products
Strategies for getting a refund or free replacement if you bought something that broke down too soon.
Why You Should Skip the Extended Warranty
Purchase protection. Service contracts. AppleCare. Whatever retailers call them, these plans are usually bad buys.
Where to shop for the right hearing aid.