Opticians, Optometrists, & Buying Eyewear
Newton, MA 02464617-965-2540
|Checkbook's Top Rating ()|
|For prices for glasses||NO|
|For prices for contacts||NO|
- 14 Ratings
- 100% Superior Overall quality
- Prices 22% higher than average
- Compare 100 Opticians & Optometrists nearby
Pearle Vision · Opticians, Optometrists, & Buying Eyewear
Prices for Pearle Vision
Consumer Ratings for Pearle Vision — 14 Ratings
You won't find anything else like Checkbook
- Nonprofit and independent
- Takes no advertising or referral fees
- Ratings and reviews by surveyed Consumers' Checkbook and Consumer Reports local subscribers
- Thousands of undercover price comparisons
- Complaint counts from local consumer agencies and attorney general offices
Opticians, Optometrists, & Buying Eyewear Articles
We found that some stores charge far higher prices as their competitors for identical eyeglass frames and lenses. For contacts (with exam and fitting), price differences were even larger. Our ratings show how area outlets stacked up on price.
You'll find thousands of choices of eyeglasses frames. But most of this variety is an illusion. The lion’s share of eyeglasses on the market come from just a few Italian companies with names you probably won’t recognize: Marcolin, Safilo, Luxottica.
Buying glasses or contacts requires the services of an ophthalmologist, an optometrist, or an optician. If you’re like most of us, you can’t remember which of these “three Os” does what, even if you’ve been told a dozen times. So here it is again.