Travel & Leisure
Ratings & Advice
The latest ratings and advice for Boston area travel & leisure.
- 65 Things You (Probably) Shouldn't Pay For
- About Checkbook: Why We're Unique
- Airlines that Allow Free Stopovers Let You Design a Vacation with Variety
- Airport Parking Hack
- Buy Now, Pay Later Spending Traps
- Cell Phone Services
- Complaining: How to Get Results
- Credit Cards Provide Strong Protections for Consumers
- Cruises: How to Get the Best Deal
- DNA Ancestry Services
- eRead for Free
- Facebook Privacy Settings Checkup
- Free Perks You Didn't Know You Have
- Hotel Deals
- Hotels Gouge Guests With Absurd Resort Fees
- Kids' Activity-Kit Services
- Parking: Finding the Best Rates
- Rental Car Insurance: Should You Buy It?
- Restaurants Pay Steep Commissions and Fees to Order-and-Delivery Services
- Smartphone Photos Apps and Tools
- Social Media Headshots: Do's and Don'ts
- Tickets: Saving on Seats for Shows and Sports
- Timeshare Exit Companies Deserve a Time Out
- Travel Insurance
- Travel Websites Mislead by Falsely Declaring Few Rooms Remain
- Travel: Health and Safety Info for International Trips
- Travel: Help Finding Cheap Flights
- Vacation Home Rentals
Ratings of area plumbers for quality and price.
65 Things You (Probably) Shouldn’t Pay For
Stop wasting money on services and products that might seem useful but are actually bad buys.
Should you try the gift of jab?
How to paint your house or hire someone to do it for you.
On a Roll
Wallpaper is back. Here's what to do if you want it.
How to Get the Best Price on a New Car
Websites like TrueCar promise low, upfront pricing. But these companies don't deliver. Here's how to force dealers to compete for your business.
Vehicle Service Contracts
Don't buy these plans. They are big hassles and bad deals for most drivers.
Managing Your Mess
How to find a great housecleaner.
Lawn & Order
How to hire a service (or hire yourself) to make your grass greener.
Guard Your Online Privacy
These tips from experts are easy and effective.
Life Insurance for Less
Shop around to save thousands of dollars.
How to Get Rid of Your Unwanted Stuff
Decluttering strategies plus ideas for how to jettison extra belongings, from books to electronics to sporting goods to toys.
Clothing Resale Options
Ready to sell your past fashions? Here’s how to get the most for your stuff, your time, and your effort.
This Whole House
Estate sales can help you offload a ton of stuff.
Find clear winners for quality and price.