Ratings & Advice
The latest ratings and advice for Boston area healthcare providers.
- About Checkbook: Why We're Unique
- Aging In Place
- Back Pain: How to Avoid It
- Complaining: How to Get Results
- Consumers' Notebook
- DNA Ancestry Services
- Doctor Board Certification: Is Yours Certified? Does It Matter?
- Elder Villages
- Emergencies: Many 911 Centers Now Accept Texts
- Free Perks You Didn't Know You Have
- Help at Home for Seniors
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Lead Exposure: Make Sure Your Contractor Follows the Law
- Medical Alert Devices
- Medical Research: Resources for Doing Your Own
- Medical Tests & Procedures: Efforts to Reduce Unnecessary Care
- Medicare Outpatient Loophole Puts Patients at Big Financial Risk
- Oral Surgeons
- Over-the-Counter Drug Prices
- Patient Advocates
- Surgeon Ratings
- Travel: Health and Safety Info for International Trips
You're Probably Paying Too Much for Auto Insurance
How to cover your ride for a lot less.
Keeping a Roof Overhead
Who's tops on top?
Think you’re getting a deal? 30 tricks sellers use to make you pay up and pay too much
Home Maintenance School
Here's a yearlong plan on how to keep your home from falling apart.
Where to buy eyeglasses and contact lenses.
Drycleaners who can help.
Top shops for furniture facelifts.
Trouble with Timeshare Exit Companies
Timeshare owners are often bombarded with offers to help them get out of unwanted contracts. But we found timeshare exit operations provide little, if any, service for their high fees.
- Should You Hire a Patient Advocate?