You Won't Find Anything Else Like Checkbook
- Nonprofit and independent
- Takes no advertising or referral fees
- Ratings and reviews by surveyed Consumers' Checkbook and Consumer Reports local subscribers
- Undercover price comparisons
- Complaint counts from local consumer agencies and attorney general offices
- Advice to help you get the best service and value
Subscribe and see 141 Twin Cities area garage door installersSubscribe »
or Sign In
Begin by carefully considering what you think you want and how you can get it. Weigh your wish list against what you’ll probably pay to fulfill it.
The type of windows you buy will affect your home’s appearance, the amount of light admitted, your comfort, and energy savings. Plus, some windows last longer than others.
We receive a disturbing number of complaints from consumers regarding window installation work, often about companies that advertise heavily. Many complaints are about sloppy work.
Whichever window company you choose, make sure you have a tight contract that includes all details on the product and installation, payment schedule, work schedule, and guarantees.
Roofing work is expensive, and, if you hire the wrong contractor, you can spend thousands of dollars too much and still get terrible work. Our ratings of area roofers will help you nail down the best roofers for your job.
Because most burglars enter homes by simply opening unlocked doors or windows—or pushing and kicking locked ones until they open—do what you can to improve your home's physical barriers.