You Won't Find Anything Else Like Checkbook
- Nonprofit and independent
- Takes no advertising or referral fees
- Ratings and reviews by surveyed Consumers' Checkbook and Consumer Reports local subscribers
- Undercover price comparisons
- Complaint counts from local consumer agencies and attorney general offices
- Advice to help you get the best service and value
Subscribe and see 55 Twin Cities area septic system servicesSubscribe »
or Sign In
Whether it’s routine or an emergency, sometimes you need a good plumber. Fortunately, we’ve found many excellent plumbing outfits in the area, including many that not only rate best for quality work, but also are among the lowest in price.
With any company you choose, dealing wisely with the plumber nets better work and saves you money. Whether you need a remodeling job or repairs, if possible get a written price quote before work begins.
Following these rules will help reduce the seriousness and frequency of plumbing problems.
Most serious basement moisture problems occur when water leaks or seeps through basement floors, through joints between floors and walls, or through walls below ground level during or after rainstorms.
There are a number of ways to treat below-ground rainwater leakages, with advantages and disadvantages to each. The first step is to check gutters and downspouts. Then inspect the soil around your house to make sure it is properly graded.
Once you decide on the best way to solve your wet basement problem, how do you get the work done?