You Won't Find Anything Else Like Checkbook
- Nonprofit and independent
- Takes no advertising or referral fees
- Ratings and reviews by surveyed Consumers' Checkbook and Consumer Reports local subscribers
- Undercover price comparisons
- Complaint counts from local consumer agencies and attorney general offices
- Advice to help you get the best service and value
Subscribe and see 42 San Francisco Bay Area well and pump servicesSubscribe »
or Sign In
Whether it’s routine or an emergency, sometimes you need a good plumber. Fortunately, we’ve found many excellent plumbing outfits in the area, including many that not only rate best for quality work, but also are among the lowest in price.
With any company you choose, dealing wisely with the plumber nets better work and saves you money. Whether you need a remodeling job or repairs, if possible get a written price quote before work begins.
Following these rules will help reduce the seriousness and frequency of plumbing problems.
Insurance companies often promote policy features to make their plans seem superior to their competitors’. But most sell roughly the same coverage. Here's a rundown of what’s covered, what isn’t, and what’s optional.
Begin by carefully considering what you think you want and how you can get it. Weigh your wish list against what you’ll probably pay to fulfill it.