Ratings & Advice
The latest ratings and advice for Puget Sound area stores.
- 30 Tricks Sellers Use to Make You Pay Up
- 65 Things You (Probably) Shouldn't Pay For
- About Checkbook: Why We're Unique
- Buy Nothing, Get What You Need Anyway
- Buy Now, Pay Later Often a Debt Trap
- Buying Used Stuff
- Car Buying Strategies
- CarBargains - Checkbook's Shopping Service for New Cars
- Cashback Shopping Portals
- Cell Phone Services
- Checkbook’s Top Shopping Tips
- Closet Organizers
- Clothing Rental
- Clothing Resale Options
- Complaining: How to Get Results
- Consumers’ Notebook
- Credit Cards Provide Strong Protections for Consumers
- Defective Products: Strategies to Get a Refund or Replacement
- Diamonds Shopping Guide
- Diaper Prices
- eRead for Free
- Extended Product Warranties: Should You Buy Them?
- Free Perks You Didn't Know You Have
- Gift Card Tips
- Identity and Cyber Theft: How to Protect Yourself
- Locally Grown Food Sources
- Over-the-Counter Drug Prices
- Pet Food Prices
- Price Matching: What's the Deal?
- Prices: Where Have All the Bargains Gone?
- Product Recall Information
- Recycling Electronics
- Returning Items to Retailers: Tips for Smooth Transactions
- Right-to-Repair Fight
- Sale Prices Are Rarely Real Deals
- Wallpaper Help
- Wine Prices
Insuring Your Home
Are you covered? Are you paying too much? Many homeowners will save $1,000 or more each year by switching companies.
Primary Care Physicians
Ratings to help you find essential help for your health.
We searched 25 travel sites looking for the lowest rates for 75 stays.
- Hotels Continue to Gouge Guests with Absurd Resort Fees
- Hotel’s ‘Refundable’ and ‘Flexible’ Rates Often Aren’t What They Seem
Want to improve your outlook? We have ratings of local installers for quality and price.
Appliance Repair Guide
Fridge on the fritz? Oven burnt out? Our ratings will help you find a repair rescue.
Getting what you want for the lowest price.
Work Out Without Getting Worked Over
How to find the right fitness center.
How to Make a New Fitness Plan
Strategies to help you make a commitment and stick with it.
How to Get Better Sleep
40 tips for 40 winks.
How to choose the right bike and shop to get you rolling.
Buying secondhand stuff saves money and helps the environment. Here’s how to do it.
Buy Nothing, Get What You Need Anyway
The good, the bad, and the weird of the gift economy.
- Dealing with Unexpected Medical Bills
We aren't loyal to businesses, we're loyal to you.
Easily find ratings, reviews, and advice on local service providers.
Checkbook is nonprofit, independent, and provides unbiased information.
We don't run ads or take referral fees from business that we rate.