Ratings & Advice
The latest ratings and advice for Puget Sound area healthcare providers.
- 65 Things You (Probably) Shouldn't Pay For
- About Checkbook: Why We're Unique
- Aging In Place
- Back Pain: How to Avoid It
- Complaining: How to Get Results
- Consumers' Notebook
- DNA Ancestry Services
- Doctor Board Certification: Is Yours Certified? Does It Matter?
- Elder Villages
- Emergencies: Many 911 Centers Now Accept Texts
- Guide to Health Plans for Federal Employees & Annuitants
- Help at Home for Seniors
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Lead Exposure: Make Sure Your Contractor Follows the Law
- Medical Alert Devices
- Medical Research: Resources for Doing Your Own
- Medical Tests & Procedures: Efforts to Reduce Unnecessary Care
- Medicare Outpatient Loophole Puts Patients at Big Financial Risk
- Oral Surgeons
- Over-the-Counter Drug Prices
- Patient Advocates
- Surgeon Ratings
- Teeth-Whitening Options
- Travel: Health and Safety Info for International Trips
Ratings of area plumbers for quality and price.
65 Things You (Probably) Shouldn’t Pay For
Stop wasting money on services and products that might seem useful but are actually bad buys.
Should you try the gift of jab?
How to paint your house or hire someone to do it for you.
On a Roll
Wallpaper is back. Here's what to do if you want it.
How to Get the Best Price on a New Car
Websites like TrueCar promise low, upfront pricing. But These companies don't deliver. Here's how to force dealers to compete for your business.
Vehicle Service Contracts
Don't buy these plans. They are big hassles and bad deals for most drivers.
Managing Your Mess
How to find a great housecleaner.
Lawn & Order
How to hire a service (or hire yourself) to make your grass greener.
Guard Your Online Privacy
These tips from experts are easy and effective.
Life Insurance for Less
Shop around to save thousands of dollars.
How to Get Rid of Your Unwanted Stuff
Decluttering strategies plus ideas for how to jettison extra belongings, from books to electronics to sporting goods to toys.
Clothing Resale Options
Ready to sell your past fashions? Here’s how to get the most for your stuff, your time, and your effort.
This Whole House
Estate sales can help you offload a ton of stuff.
Find clear winners for quality and price.