Ratings & Advice
The latest ratings and advice for Puget Sound area healthcare providers.
- About Checkbook: Why We're Unique
- Aging In Place
- Back Pain: How to Avoid It
- Complaining: How to Get Results
- Consumers' Notebook
- DNA Ancestry Services
- Doctor Board Certification: Is Yours Certified? Does It Matter?
- Elder Villages
- Emergencies: Many 911 Centers Now Accept Texts
- Guide to Health Plans for Federal Employees & Annuitants
- Help at Home for Seniors
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Lead Exposure: Make Sure Your Contractor Follows the Law
- Medical Alert Devices
- Medical Research: Resources for Doing Your Own
- Medical Tests & Procedures: Efforts to Reduce Unnecessary Care
- Medicare Outpatient Loophole Puts Patients at Big Financial Risk
- Oral Surgeons
- Over-the-Counter Drug Prices
- Patient Advocates
- Surgeon Ratings
- Teeth-Whitening Options
- Travel: Health and Safety Info for International Trips
How to Save Energy at Home
32 changes that will cut costs and help the planet.
Ratings of local auto repair shops for quality and price.
On the Road Again, Despite Dangerous Defects
Our investigation found used-car dealers often sell vehicles without addressing known life-threatening problems.
Do You Need Coverage for Water and Sewer Line Repairs?
Warranty companies, with help from their public utility partners, pitch nightmare scenarios. But these programs stink.
How to banish household pests.
Surviving the Crash
Ratings of computer repair shops.
How to Protect Your Computers and Devices
15 steps to take to keep your digital devices safe.
Where to Buy Computers and Devices
Top grades for upgrades, plus how major retailers compare on price.
What to Do About Defective Products
Strategies for getting a refund or free replacement if you bought something that broke down too soon.
Why You Should Skip the Extended Warranty
Purchase protection. Service contracts. AppleCare. Whatever retailers call them, these plans are usually bad buys.
Where to shop for the right hearing aid.